Price is for 10 Calcium Alginate Pads per box ($ 1.80/ dressing).
Areza Calcium Alginate is made of natural fibers derived from seaweed through a series of special processes. Designed to be highly absorbent, the dressing rapidly absorbs exudates and forms a gel-like covering through a process of ion exchange over the wound, maintaining a moist environment for wound healing. They are soft and conformable, easy to pack, tuck or apply over irregular-shaped wounds. The gel-like surface also keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound, so it is a painless removal. Indicated for wounds with moderate to heavy exudate, such as pressure ulcers, infected wounds, and venous insufficiency ulcers. Alginates require a secondary dressing to be secured on the wound.
Calcium Alginate Wound Dressing 4.25″ X 4.25″ (10 pcs)
- Very high absorption capacity (up to 20 times of it weight).
- Providing required moisture for wound healing.
- Conforms to the wound specially when moist.
- Non-adherent, conforms to the wound, especially when moist
- Turns into a protective layer of gel when in contact with exudate
- Soft and pliable when moist
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Easy and painless one piece removal
- Helps with hemostasis